- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Basic Confidentiality Policy
Where personal information is required to use, or interact with the website, it is Connect by Nova’s policy that this information (e.g. your name, email address, or telephone number) is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to Connect by Nova is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used for the purposes set forth in this policy (e.g. to reply to a question or to offer more information about our services).
Connect by Nova collects two types of information from visitors to our website: (1) Personal information; and (2) Non-Personal information:
- Personal Information
“Personal information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, or email address. Connect by Nova collects and stores any personal information that you voluntarily share with us. For example:
- We may collect your email address or telephone number if you contact us with a question; or
- We may collect your name, contact information, job title and details about your search for employment when you complete a form on our website to set up a consultation and/or to seek further information about our services.
If you do not wish to have Connect by Nova collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
- Non-Personal information
“Non-Personal information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, location, or interests. Non-personal information does NOT identify you personally unless it is combined with personal information. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the website and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) Address: Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data. Connect by Nova uses this information to measure traffic within our website.
Information Use and Sharing
Connect by Nova is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. Connect by Nova will use your information to advise and assist you in your search for employment. Connect by Nova will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to assist you in your search for employment.
In addition, Connect by Nova may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt-out of any future contact from Connect by Nova at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number detailed on our website:
- See what data we hold about you, if any;
- Change/correct any data we hold about you;
- Have us delete any data we hold about you; and/or
- Express any concerns you have about our use of your data.
Connect by Nova uses best-in-class recruitment CRM software which employs reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal data it processes. When the service is accessed using Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 8.0 or higher, Transport Layer Security (TSL) technology protects information using both server authentication and data encryption to help ensure that personal data is safe, and secure while in transit. The CRM software also implements an advanced security method based on dynamic data and encoded session identifications, and hosts the service in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to protect against interference or access from outside intruders.
No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Connect by Nova is done at your own risk. However, Connect by Nova takes reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal information.
Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so. If you suspect any misuse, loss of or unauthorised access to your personal information, please notify us immediately.
Personal information shared by you with Connect by Nova for publication on our website will be published on the internet and may be accessible around the world.
The Cayman Islands Data Protection Act, 2017 (“DPA”) came into effect in September 2019, as the Islands seek to align themselves with the European General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Individuals are entitled to have their personal data processed in accordance with the DPA. The key principles under the act and applied by Connect by Nova when processing your data are:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are collected or processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a company or territory unless that country or territory ensures adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us on email@example.com with enough information to identify you, proof of identity and address, and let us know the information to which your request relates.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal and non-personal information collected via the website.
Last Updated: Sep 2023 (LR)