Are you a young adult feeling like you need a bit of career advice/direction to help you get where you want to go in your career long-term? If yes, then look no further – our team has pulled together some of the top career advice from leaders in Cayman to help do just that.
The Connect by Nova team were proud participants at the 2022 CISHRP HR Conference. It was an incredible day with speakers and panelists including Cayman’s top HR experts, including our very own board member, Louise Reed. The topic throughout the conference was the ‘Great Re-Design’ of the global workforce, with conversations covering topics from employee engagement to reskilling.
During the conference, our team took the chance to tap into the HR leaders of Cayman’s inner thoughts by asking them to answer a fundamental question:
What career advice would you give a young job seeker in Cayman?
Career Advice from the Experts
Here are the top ten responses from experts at the 2022 CISHRP HR Conference:
- Don’t be afraid of failure. Embrace your weaknesses, your strengths and your uniqueness! Be you! Make your mark! Stand out!
- Don’t be afraid to follow your dreams. People may discourage you, but it would not be a dream if it were easy to reach.
- You don’t need to figure everything out up-front. Just learn from each experience and don’t stop trying.
- Learn how to take feedback, especially negative/constructive criticism, to grow yourself.
- Every disappointment is not a misfortune! Chin up! Shoot for the stars!
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help!
- Don’t care what other people think! You do you.
- Every rejection is a redirection!
- Knowledge is power!
- Never ever doubt yourself. You got this!
Soak up more career wisdom with some top tips for job searching.
Our team here at Connect by Nova would like to share a final piece of career advice with you:
Life is too short not to follow your dreams. If you believe you can, then you definitely can!
We hope this post has been helpful. If you are looking for career advice feel free to email Connect by Nova at firstname.lastname@example.org